Language and UI Style
These settings should be self-explanatory.
The following languages are currently available:
If you enable “Automatically check for updates” you will be notified at prgram start when an update is available.
By default this setting is disabled, as I recommend to use a package manager to install the program.
See the instructions here.
Many tools use file paths that can be changed here.
I recommend to store stuff like audio project files, maps, character sheets, notes, etc. in a cloud storage and sync them between computers.
It is possible to stream some files from a cloud service. (Currently only Google Drive)
- Open the Google developer console
- Create a new project
- Add the Google Drive API (under the G Suite category)
- Click “Create Credentials”
- Select the Google Drive API, Choose “Other UI” abd select “User Data”
- Set up an OAuth consent screen. The only field you need to fill out is the application name. Enter GM-Companion.
- Go back to the credentials page and “Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID”
- Click on your newly created ID name. A page should open where you can copy a “Client ID” and a “Client Secret”.
- In the GM-Companion settings open the Cloud Storage tab and under Select File Storage select “Google Drive”
- Enter the Client ID and Secret into their respective textfields in the GM-Companion.
You can now enter the folder ids similar to the normal paths.
Note that all Google Drive folders used in the GM-Companion need their sharing setting set to “Anyone with the link can view”.
To find the id of a folder open it in a web browser. The URL should be something like
### represents the folder id.
Here you can enable / disable addons. For more information see addons.